Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Story to Tell...


"There are times I wish my story wasn't mine...but it is mine to tell" MaryBeth Chapman.  

I heard this tonight from MaryBeth Chapman, wife of Grammy & Dove award winning CCM singer, Steven Curtis Chapman.  The Chapmans were part of an event in Connecticut, along with other Christian singers/speakers to minister to folks in the Newtown area.  

For those not familiar with the Chapman's story: In May 2008, their youngest (5 yrs old) daughter was killed when she ran in front of a car driven by her then-teenaged brother.  The accident took place in the driveway of the family farm/home.  

Both MB and Stephen expressed with her words and his music that even with the passage of time, they would love more than anything if they & their family had not suffered the loss they did.  That this event, which will always be part of 'their story'  just simply had not occurred.  

The other part of their message is that  even when life gives us those trials that we cannot change or "make it all better", we can get through it.  Our faith is still there beside us, even when we wish things were different.  We may can, at some point in the future minister to someone who may be experiencing a similar loss/challenge.  

What I took from Marybeth's remarks were that it's absolutely normal and OK to wish our circumstances were different.  There are times where maybe we won't "count it all joy", but we can heal.   My 'story' is uniquely mine and and each chapter brings us  lessons we may not be aware we need.  Some lessons can be shared...others will be for our own "private tutoring" 

The song I was reminded of was "I Love to Tell the Story". I'm not into 'tract evangilism", I just hope simply to be a witness as I go about my daily activities.   If you want to hear more of my 'story'...all you have to do is ask.  

I love to tell the story of unseen things above, Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love.  I love to tell the story, because I know ’tis true.  It satisfies my longings as nothing else would do.
    • Refrain:
      I love to tell the story,
      ’Twill be my theme in glory,
      To tell the old, old story
      Of Jesus and His love.
  1. I love to tell the story, ’tis pleasant to repeat, What seems each time I tell it more wonderfully sweet; I love to tell the story, for some have never heard
    The message of salvation from God’s own holy Word.  Arabella Hankey/Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment