Friday, October 21, 2011

Auburn-LSU Game

Tomorrow is the game where the "Go Tigers" plays the "Geaux Tigers". I can't say it's one of my favorite series, because more often than not, it's a crazy nerve wracking game. From the Earthquake game in '88 to the year the old Arena in Auburn caught fire DURING the game and flames were visible in the skyline above Jordan-Hare, it's always one of the toughest games of the season. The old adage "2 yards and a cloud of dust" is good fit for this series.

My take on this years game: on paper Auburn has no chance, we're the same very, very young team that lost 90% of the players from our BCS championship team, playing the number 1 team in the nation and our QB will be making his first start in Death Valley. Talk about getting thrown into the fiery furnace :-). We may or may not win the game, but I'm liking how these young Tigers are playing. They make mistakes, no doubt, but they play to the whistle and I'm liking what I'm seeing as a foundation for the next few seasons. Will we win: won't know for sure until tomorrow, but I definitely wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised :-)

War Eagle!!!!

Update: Auburn lost 45-10. Largest margin of defeat in this series. Oh well, We'll see the "LSWho" tigers in Auburn next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment