Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tis So Sweet

I love the classic hymns and wanted to share some thoughts that tied into one such song (and one of my favorites):  Tis So sweet to Trust in Jesus.

Through our/my 15+year struggle with endo and infertility, one of the key lessons I was about trust.  I had to re-learn to TRUST that God does understand those moments when I questioned/bargained/argued/cried/yelled...you name it. TRUST that he has equipped us for this journey that we are traveling on and TRUST for the future.

For me...infertility was a type of  loss that shook my foundation, like an earthquake.  I had been blessed in the sense that I had never previously lost trust in the people most important (husband, parents, good friends).  Being in a place where I was asking "why" and "how come??" was uncharted territory for me.  And at the same time, felt guilty for asking why.

There wasn't one 'aha' moment, but as I simply gave myself time to work through this and accept that this was the path, that we've been chosen to walk down...the faith and the hope came back;  the joy came back, the laughter and music and love of life and all the normal ups and downs came back.   Infertility had broken my heart, but it didn't break my spirit.  That's the beauty of grace and faith...the Lord gives us time when we have to step aside to get our bearings..and he's simply standing there with open arms when we turn back to Him. And yes, it is something very 'precious'.

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His Word; Just to rest upon His promise, And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
Refrain: Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er; Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend; And I know that Thou art with me, Wilt be with me to the end. ~ Louisa M.R. Stead

No comments:

Post a Comment